Via Zoom; Also Livestreamed on Facebook
CIVIC THURSDAY SPEAKER - Selvi Stanislaus, Executive Officer - California Franchise Tax Board
Selvi Stanislaus was appointed the Executive Officer of the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) on January 11, 2006.
As FTB’s fourth Executive Officer and the first woman to hold this position, Selvi oversees the second-largest tax department in the nation, with more than 6,000 employees in California and its three out-of-state offices in New York, Chicago and Houston.
Under Selvi’s Leadership, the FTB has:
• Increased development of a positive workplace culture that has made FTB a destination employer.
• Successfully launched the Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Project. The project’s one-time costs were approximately $522 million with over $5.1 billion in revenue collected by the FTB for the State of California.
· Launched a new, streamlined version of FTB’s public website focused on an improved user experience.
· Successfully implemented growth of Leadership Development Programs. These programs are a key component of FTB’s strategic commitment to invest in their employees.
· Enhanced MyFTB, a FTB website tool that provides taxpayers and representatives access to more tax information, new self-service options, and an improved platform for communicating.
· FTB effectively administered new tax programs such as the California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit which provide refundable (cash-back) credits for qualified lower income working Californians.