Arrowhead Marsh Big Day of Birding November 5th 9:00 A.M.
Come join us for High Adventure's first birding event. The event will be conducted by member Randy Arnold
We'll be birding from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 AM. We'll post all our bird sightings on the eBird app. I have this app. We'll be citizen scientist providing information to Cornell University on bird populations and their migration. Bring your binoculars
This will be a great opportunity to enjoy some of our fall migrants on their way south. Many birds actually over-winter on San Francisco Bay. Our winter climate is so mild that we all know what a great place it is including many birds.
Next to the commercial bustle of Oakland International Airport is a 741-acre park leased from the Port of Oakland, protecting the remainder of a once-extensive marshland at San Leandro Bay
- Take the Hegenberger exit and stay right on Hegenberger Road.
- Turn right onto Doolittle Dr. (the last turn before entering the Oakland Airport grounds).
- Continue on Doolittle Dr, heading north toward Alameda
- Continue past Swan and the boat launch entrance (about 200 yards).
- Look for signage on the right "MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. REGIONAL SHORELINE"
- Turn into the parking lot
Dogs are not allowed in the marsh areas.
The 50-acre Arrowhead Marsh is a stopover on the Pacific Flyway and is part of the Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve Network--dogs must be on-leash at all times.
Birds: marsh birds (including rails), waterfowl, shorebirds
Check out the recent sightings https://ebird.org/hotspot/L161083